Saturday 18 April 2015

Bangkok Day 1 & 2 - Mister Donuts, Temple, Siam, Platinum, FOOD!!

Hi guys! So I went to Bangkok for the past 8 days (9 - 16th April) and I'm finally back! It has been such a great 8 days (except for the fact that I'm away from someone) but I felt that I really needed this short break away from my life. And even though there were hiccups here and there, it was indeed a great 8 days.

So this post is going to be about my day 1 and 2 in Bangkok. I'm going to break up the days because I might or might not have spammed a little too much photos. Okay, I totally did because there's an approximate 1000 additional photos in my camera roll after these 8 days. And I'm blogging now even though I have work tomorrow morning because I took a nap at 7pm (genius indeed) and now I'm awake so...........

DAY 1

Took Cathay Pacific flight this time round!
It's actually quite cheap, about $222 per pax after all the airport taxes and whatnots.

Was really sleepy for the flight because I stayed up the night before finishing my university applications and doing some last minute laundry. Thank goodness that we did online check in before the flight so we get to sleep in a little bit more.


Finally catch up on Glee! It has been years since I last watched it and they were showing the latest season so I watched it. Luckily I was still able to catch on on the plot.

And after a short 2 hours,  เรามาถึง, สวัสดี ประเทศไทย.
( We arrived! Hello Thailand!)
Hahahaha hopefully google translate doesn't screw me up on this.



Since our luggage was still quite light, we decided to just take the airport rail link to Phraya Thai station (45 baht) and change to BTS (National Stadium Station) to get to our hotel, Pathumwan Princess hotel.





Random snapchat video on the skytrain

My luggage

Even though our luggage is still relatively light, it was quite a problem lugging my luggage around due to the lack of elevator in the BTS stations. But it was also this that made my heart melted a little due to a few incidents.

 I was trying my best to carry the luggage down the staircase and this guy just volunteered and took over my luggage for me and carried it down the stairs for me without saying anything. I really felt so touched at the moment and appreciated it so much. Thank you so much Mr Thai Stranger! 

And also, at the BTS stations, because the gantries are quite narrow, the staff there will automatically come to us and open the wider pathway for people with luggage for us and help us scan our Rabbit card (their EZ link card) for us. I was honestly feeling quite blessed at that moment with the hospitality. Thank you!



snapchat of my hotel room

Checked in to our hotel and met dad there who arrived before us. He took a different flight because he's heading back 4 days earlier than us due to work.  I quite like this hotel, but my favourite hotel would have to be Hua Chang Heritage Hotel! Everything is so good about Hua Chang, our second hotel that we checked in into after dad left which I shall share some other time. 

Pathumwan Princess Hotel was located at a really convenient location though, at MBK and walking distance to Siam and Central world.

Since Pathumwan Princess Hotel is just located at MBK, we dined at MBK Hong Min Restaurant for our first meal. Dined there because on our previous trip, we tried this fish dish of theirs and my dad loved it so we went back for more

1 - 1 with daddy! Think one mug was for 99 baht so its just about SGD 2 for one mug!


Fried with cuttlefish. Love the cuttlefish!

Prawn fried with garlic


And this was the dish that got us coming back.
The fish is cooked in 3 different style / flavour which we thought was really unique. 
(From left to right) Cooked in Thai Chilli Sauce, Fried with garlic and lastly steamed with garlic and green chilli

Also had mango with brown glutinous rice and mango ice cream!




Can't really remember the prices for each dish but our meal totalled up to about SGD 60 if I'm not mistaken. Probably a tad expensive for a meal in Thailand but we thought it was really worth it for a veg dish, fish, prawn, drinks and dessert!

Then we headed out for massage at night after the dinner. Asked the hotel to suggest us a place for massage and they suggested this place which I believe was a hotel link-up or a place the hotel was promoting for. We thought the price was quite reasonable (800 baht for 1 hour body massage and 1 hour foot reflexology) but let me tell you it was one of the worst decisions I made on the trip. No joke it was damn painful!!! The foot reflexology was okay for me to be honest but the body massage......... OH. MY. GOD. All kind of vulgarities was running through my mind and I asked myself why on earth did I pay to let myself go through the suffering. It was so painful I nearly teared and after the massage ended I ended up with a really sore neck / shoulder and leg cramp. NO JOKE.

For the whole time, in my mind, it was just like "WHYYYYYYY. Why do I have to pay to go through this? WHYYYYYY". I don't know why but some actions she did was really really painful. From what I understand, thai massage is more of like compressing and "bending" or stretching of your limbs. But no thank you, oil massage > thai massage any day for me.

And it was not only me HAHA. My dad was cursing after the massage too. He ended up with a really sore leg that he claimed and I quoted "so pain until he cannot go shopping the next day" HAHA. I couldn't stop laughing when he described the massage and the masseur to me. Hahahaha he was also cursing in his mind throughout the massage and nearly asked the masseur to stop the massage right away.

DAY 2

Woke up to breakfast bought by dad!


Cute donuts from Mister Donut.
One for 10 baht only! Like only $0.40?! I wouldn't mind having this for breakfast everyday except that I might really come back to Singapore looking like a fat and round donut.






And he got this croissant thing from BK too! It's soooooooo good!
Probably cos I was hungry but it was really good.
Combination of egg, cheese and bacon. Mmmmmmmmm....... 

After breakfast, bathed and prepared for the day


OOTD of the day.


You know the feeling when you get to drink water when its really hot and you are all thirsty?
Not being drama, but it's AMAZING. So good having something cold to drink when I'm breaking out in sweat in the hot and humid weather

Walked around in the shopping centres at Siam for awhile to get away from the heat.
Here's dad posing with the exhibition / decoration at Siam discovery




With mumsie




Walked over to pray to the four faced buddha near Central world where we always offer our prayers at whenever we go to Thailand.





Ugly photo of us but well, first photo of the three of us in BKK!








Then headed Central World to have lunch and shopped.




 Lunch was at this placed call Bar-B-Q plaza 





Then had some dessert at Krispy Kreme! The flavors are so unique and different than SG's. And its cheaper too!

The yellow one's mango flavoured and the pink one is strawberry flavored with kit kat



We bought a bunch of these handmade cards that has these 3D pop up for our loved ones.
Ranges from 100 - 120 baht for the ones we got.

Then headed to Platinum Shopping Mall to do some shopping. Managed to get some clothes, sleep wear and a new cover for my mac!

Brb let me snap a picture of my cover. Okay I took a longer time cos I just spilled my drinks over my bag and floor *facepalms*

This is one of my fav buy of the trip. Think it was about 250 baht (approx SGD 10) and they do customisation of my name on it too! Mum got one and I got a matching for me and macaron.





Cool bar concept in a van outside the mall.





Spotted this outside the mall and we bought quite a number of these for ourselves, mine and mum's friends.


So cute right! It's a keychain if you are wondering what it is

Then went for dinner at one of the BBQ stores by the road


Salt bbq-ed fish (200 baht)
Omg posting this at 2.30 am is not a good idea.
Im hungry right now :(


I swear every coconut in bangkok taste amazing.
I'm now convinced that there is no bad coconuts there.


Bbq prawn (700 baht)
Quite ex for this one but it was not bad!

Failed thumbs up photo but the chill is sooooooo good.

Bbq crab (300 baht)
Thought this one was much more worth it than the prawns!

Then headed to the supermarket, Big C to buy some snacks! Parents bought some mangoes to bring back to SG too.




And hotel sweet hotel.
You know, like home sweet home?
Yup, so hotel sweet hotel!

Okay its currently 2.54 and I have about 5++ hrs of sleep before I have to get up to go to work. So, till the next post, good bye! x


No comments:

Post a Comment